Friday, November 20, 2009

A Tale of Three Love

So i m back.. after a brief hiatus.. with a new display name, profile shot and more.

This was an article i wrote for THE HINDU - NxG, in the meantime. I really don't know why i wrote it. Guess it was a spot of the moment thing. Guess i was bored after looking at or into books for such a long time at a stretch. An article for most parts inspired by those i v met here.So thought i d publish it. So here s the content.



While you read the article, i want you to keep two things in mind - 1) It had to be short 2)No names in public domain.



And another clarification, the three or wait the two persons i v mentioned in the main body of the article, are people i know in real life, people i v known for quite a long time now.. So with this in mind do read on and let me know..



A Tale of Three Love

“Oh boy, not another guy, talking about love” – This is the reaction I expect from the reader on seeing the title, why?, because I would myself react in the same fashion. But I can assure all those who go on to read the article without prejudice to the title, that this will be an unorthodox one and interestingly so. So go on what are you waiting for?



Love Version Alpha – This love was borne out my search for a meaningful existence. Do you ever get the feeling that you should be of some significance to this world however insignificant life may be. Well my “this love” was borne out of that desire – To be that “∆” that change to status Quo. This love is for academics and intelligence, with which I strive to make a difference to this world.



Love Version Beta – Oh boy, how can I put this love in words. Have you ever heard of the phrase love at first sight. Well this love of mine was at first contact. A Few people get to say that they love their bosses. Well this boss of mine is my principal at my student training. Before I met this guy, I never thought I could learn from a fellow human, but now after about a year of knowing him, I would say that I have changed, to such an extent that even a close friend who knew me so well a year back would drop his jaws on meeting me now saying “Is this you?”. This love is special since it is borne out of respect, and a deep feeling of admiration.



Love Version Gamma – I v heard the clause “love is blind” being said in atleast a thousand different occasions, and each time I would go – “How Lame!” But I now realize that, it is in fact true. This love is the conventional love that society talks about – yes, but special none the less. Why do is say this love is blind – may be because I see no reason for its origin. This love is just for the sake of it. And believe me when I say this, it is just one of those things that makes this world a better place.

So have I kept my word when I said this would be unconventional? I hope so. My regards are due to three other persons – (1) My Dad and mom, who have been such an inspiration for me right through all my tough times, first regards due to them always and (2) A blogger with the alias “Tangled up in Blue” who first showed me that you could express love publicly and yet be discreet and subtle (and also to another called Ketan, who served as an intro) (3) And Three of course you, nXg, for giving people this wonderful platform to write."




And for those of who you who want a link (CLICK).


More about these three love in future posts.

9 comments:

  1. Hi!

    A new difficulty has cropped up now with your name. But don't worry, it's simple to resolve this time. :) What's your first name that I should use to address you?

    I have put my major portion of comment there itself.

    My 'true' love, I realize, had fallen in category of alpha love.

    Thanks for the mention! :)

    I'd found a blog long back, which I had thought you might like. I won't say the manner of writing is similar to yours, but that tease element of 'mysticism' is very apparent. It takes really the highest of my intellectual, imaginative and aesthetic abilities to be able to understand his writings.

    JOHN MATTHEW | SHORT FICTION AND LONG OPINION (click)

    And though this might sound silly, my first instinct at seeing your real name was: "Wow! Nice to meet you!"

    And wow, I see you've also put up a pic. :)

    TC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should narrow down your profile pic and re-post it, so that it doesn't look distorted as it is looking now. TC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah ketan, nice to see you in my blog again. This is the best pic i have in my pc.. others taken with my cell are not very clear and this one if narrowed down does n look good either.. anyway will come up with some other pic shortly..

    And yes Alpha love has been with me the longest, and will stay with me the longest as well. And i noticed that you and i had that in common, and yours is a much exaggerated version of what i call alpha love there, i think. But anyway i tend to like all those who crave to learn, and so i like you also..

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And as far as what you can call me. My friends usually call me "Prabhu" so you can use the same as well. And what was so "Wow" about the name?
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Prabhu!

    The only reason you're seeing me on your blog now is because you yourself returned to blogging after so long!

    From your description, I concluded alpha love was more about 'making a difference', wherein learning would only serve as a means to to it.

    As to my love for learning, I see, it does not have a real purpose. Possibly, learning makes me feel empowered. But it would be oversimplification! I love to learn even about those things that do not have any immediate prospect of finding an application. Important difference between love and curiosity is, with former you know what you love, in latter you do NOT know what you're seeking! Precisely that's why it's curiosity (love to learn)! Anyway, I digressed.

    Thanks for expression of liking for me! And sorry for sounding so technical! ;) But couldn't think of better way to acknowledge your liking.

    The "wow" thing with knowing your name is the feeling of interacting with a real person as against just a nickname. I know this difference would sound frivolous, and it is indeed psychological, but then it exists! :)

    Your pic will not look bad if you narrow it down very slightly, say, by 5-10 percent.

    TC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I see, my comment on that NxG post did not get published. :( Any reason you know of? TC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really dont know why it did n get published. Guess its so heavily moderated that any comment does n get published (Ha Ha). Apart from the jest, i v sent a mail to the them, asking why? Let s see what happens and i dont mind people being technical or should i say clear, so no sorries required.
    Then apart from that, a major factor that made me drop the alias was the fact that i v realised how powerful a tool blogging can be. I intend to make full use of it and do my part in the processm as well. For your info and for a general comment i d like to say that my future posts will be more technical and academically oriented. I would n ofcourse stop on the "mystic" posts, for the reasons i v already highlighted earlier (I think). Only that they will be less frequent and spread out, and ofcourse lengthier.

    Phew!! Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I dont want to roll out the old cliche, here..but love really is a many-splendoured thing..

    people say there're many kinds of love..like you write so clearly and cleanly here..but I think its just this one incredible feeling that manifests differently at different times..

    it makes people happy, sad, angry, tearful, ecstatic, obsessive, murderous even..its incredible..

    now narrowing down onto your post..it manages to say a lot given that you had a word limitation..I was smiling when I read it..its honest and guileless like all your writing and thats why I like it so much.. :)

    Thank you. And I'm so glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And TUIB i m glad to see you back in my blog as well.. And this part of my life.. this part right here is called "My Experiments with Truth". So will see a lot of honest and introspective stuff from me. I m just not finding time for writing, though i like it the most. Anyways knowing that people like you are listening gives me that motivation to come back here. Will be back soon with more posts as you like it best.

    ReplyDelete